- Business: Air ambulance operation
- Finance: Aviation mortgage
- Purpose: Acquiring new jets to increase business range
- Tags: aviation, finance, sme, aviation mortgage
Air Medical Ltd (AirMed) is the largest fixed wing air ambulance operator in the UK, supplying specialist air ambulance and repatriation services across the world. In its 25 years of operation,
it’s developed both medical capabilities and an impressive aircraft fleet that have set a first-class worldwide standard.
“While the majority of companies in our industry are in a period of consolidation we chose to invest and Lombard was prepared to support us.
It made an effort to understand our business and this kind of support is considered invaluable to us.”
Managing Director, AirMed
What did AirMed want to achieve?
AirMed’s relationship with Lombard began when the company’s shareholders decided to expand the business. AirMed hoped to purchase two Learjet 35As in order for it to extend its range of operations from the Eurozone to Africa, Asia, the Middle East and across the Atlantic.
How did Lombard help AirMed?
Lombard offered a secured term debt facility to enable AirMed to make its purchases. The £3.2 million finance solution comprised two aviation mortgages, helping to structure and organise AirMed’s investment.
How has AirMed benefited from the solution?
The purchase of two new Learjets has allowed AirMed to undertake more complex missions, thanks to the speed and range of the new jets.
Its scope of operations has expanded to include neonatal, obstetric, paediatric and adult intensive care. It’s also seen increased revenue, thanks to the increased ability to provide chartered flights for passengers and freight, as well as both in-house and third-party engineering support.
At a glance
- AirMed wanted to increase its business scope and range with the purchase of two new Learjet 35As.
- Lombard designed a £3.2 million aviation mortgage plan to enable the investment.
- AirMed has been able to expand its business offerings and increase its range of services to help more individuals across the globe.
Security may be required and product fees may apply.
Request a quote
Assets you can finance with Lombard