Use of website
1. The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and information purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Lombard or any of its subsidiaries to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided by Lombard for personal use and for informational purposes only.
2. Unless otherwise stated on the product pages, the services and products on this website are intended for use by residents of the UK only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
3. Where any information on this website constitutes a financial promotion for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, it is issued and approved by us for distribution and use in the UK only.
4. This website is designed to be accessed through its principal home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information which is relevant to information on this website. You will be referred on certain site pages to read "Legal information". This Important Information will contain important details and/or relevant legal or regulatory information and should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages.
Exclusion of Liability
5. These 'Exclusion of Liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of Liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible to exclude under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
6. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
7. While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom or in other jurisdictions. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
8. We accept no liability however caused (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
- economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings)
- loss of goodwill or reputation or
- loss or damage which was not reasonably foreseeable
suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this website or these terms and conditions.
9. Access to and use of this website is at your own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
10. To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and that we do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
12. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
13. This website contains numerous trade marks belonging to Lombard and other companies in The Royal Bank of Scotland Group. The unregistered trademarks include graphics, logos, words, phrases and icons contained on this web site. No rights are granted in respect of any of the above trade marks. If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trade mark of Lombard, its subsidiaries or The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, please contact us for clarification at the registered office address below.
14. The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the offer or provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way.
15. Lombard North Central PLC. Registered in England No.337004.
Registered Office: 280 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 4RB.
Lombard North Central Plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit activities.
16. References to Lombard Technology Services relate to Lombard Technology Services Limited. Registered in England: No 2039637.
Registered Office: 280 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 4RB.
Changes to Website
17. The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification and Lombard shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
18. Calls may be recorded.
19. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Lombard reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use of content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
20. In the event any provision of these terms and conditions of use and access of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes the closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
21. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of England and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.