Commercial marine finance
Get help to buy the vessels your business needsRequest a quote
Security may be required and product fees may apply.
Why finance a commercial vessel with us?
We can provide marine finance for commercial vessels to companies registered in the UK, including the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and Gibraltar.
We're also able to provide funding to well established companies registered in Western Europe (e.g. the Netherlands, Germany, Scandinavia) and to recognised vessel operators with experienced management teams and UK offices or subsidiary companies.
We could tailor a funding structure to your needs: we offer debt or leasing, including on or off balance sheet. Security is required over the vessel.
Our specialist commercial marine finance team are experts in the field, making them perfectly placed to support your purchase.
Get help with scheduling inspections and classification requirements from our in-life management team. You'll also have access to a qualified marine surveyor.
Brief summary of our funding
We finance a wide range of commercial vessels: from wind-farm boats to general cargo ships. Our solutions include fixed rate or fixed capital repayment mortgages with variable day-to-day interest.
Summary of our terms:
- Minimum advance: £250,000.
- Minimum deposit: between 25% and 40%.
- Maximum term: 10 years.
- Maximum age: depends on asset class.
- Maximum loan to value: 80% of market value (or cost if vessels are new and from recognised manufacturers).
- Currency: sterling, US dollars and euros.
- Interest rates: competitive.
- Compliance: all commercial vessels must comply with the certification requirements of that vessel type.
- Registrations: vessel must be fully British registered with agreed Red Ensign territory.
- Pre-delivery funding: available subject to an acceptable security package such as a bank or refund guarantee.