Legal FAQs | Lombard

Legal FAQs | Lombard Legal FAQs

Find answers to the questions we get asked most often

Other legal questions

What happens if my goods are faulty?

If you think your asset isn't fit for purpose, has an inherent fault, or doesn't comply with the Sales of Goods Act 1979, contact the dealer or supplier. 


They are responsible for deciding whether the asset needs replacing or repairing, or if further investigation is required. We are not in a position to make assessments about faults or whether assets are fit for purpose. 


If you can't resolve the issue with the dealer or supplier, get in touch with us. Please note: to try and reach a resolution, we have to contact the dealer or supplier. 


You can find out more about the Sales of Goods Act from the Department of Trade and Industry. 

How do I query the information on my credit file?

You'll need to obtain a copy of your credit file from Experian or Equifax. If you find anything that you'd like to query, please contact Customer Services.


Please note: We are legally required to provide credit reference agencies with factual information concerning your payment history. For example, if you're disputing a debt we must still record whether or not payments are being made until the matter is resolved.


If it turns out that we've recorded incorrect information, we'll correct your credit file accordingly. We can't consider requests to amend a credit file if there are ongoing issues such as legal action or debt disputes.

When will you take my credit facility fee?

The fee will be added to your first payment and taken on the same date. 


Will I own the asset at the end of a lease agreement?

If you’ve chosen a lease agreement, you won’t own the asset at the end of your agreement. Ownership/title of the asset will remain with Lombard. 

How do I sell a leased asset?

A leased asset can only be sold to an unconnected third party.


You'll be asked to pay the balance of any outstanding rentals plus a percentage of the sale price. In addition, you'll be required to pay us the VAT on the full sale price. This is to comply with HMRC regulations. 


Please call our Customer Services for further information and an exact figure.

Can I sell a car to someone who is not VAT registered?

Yes. If you sell to a private individual, we'll issue an indemnity letter that will need to be agreed and completed by the purchaser. The letter explains that the car is sold as seen and that assurances cannot be given about the asset's condition.

How do I make a complaint?

We welcome comments on our services and solutions – positive or negative. Your feedback helps us shape our service for the better. 


To make a complaint, click here.

Any more questions?
Contact us
Set Tab for lightbox