Terms and conditions
This website is owned and maintained by Lombard North Central plc ("us", "we" or "Lombard"). The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions, which you should read carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website. In addition, all of our products and services have their own terms and conditions. If you are considering applying for any of our products or services, please read these first. We make these available by at least one of the following methods: (i) by clicking the link on the relevant pages of this website; (ii) on request from us. These should be read together with the following website terms and conditions. However, if there is any conflict between the two, the terms and conditions for the particular product or service will prevail.
Use of Website
1. The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and information purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject Lombard or any of its subsidiaries to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided by Lombard for personal use and for informational purposes only.
2. Unless otherwise stated on the product pages, the services and products on this website are intended for use by residents of the UK only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction.
3. Where any information on this website constitutes a financial promotion for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, it is issued and approved by us for distribution and use in the UK only.
4. This website is designed to be accessed through its principal home pages and such other pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information which is relevant to information on this website. You will be referred on certain site pages to read "Legal information". This Important Information will contain important details and/or relevant legal or regulatory information and should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages.
5. You must not use this website (or permit or procure other to use it) as follows:
i. for any unlawful, improper or illegal purpose or activity;
ii. to violate copyright, trademark, proprietary or other intellectual property rights of any member of our group or any third party;
iii. to damage the name or reputation of any member of our group or any third party;
iv. to impersonate any of our employees or other person or use a false name while using this website or implying an association with us;
v. to generate excessive amounts of internet traffic, to interfere with our network or others’ use of this website or to engage in activities designed to or having the effect of degrading or denying service to users of this website or others;
vi. to introduce a computer virus, 'trojan horse', worm, logic bomb, back door, malware or similar item onto the internet or into this website; or
vii. to transmit confidential or proprietary information, except your own and then solely at your own risk.
Exclusion of Liability
6. These 'Exclusion of Liability' provisions should be read carefully as they exclude or limit our legal liability in connection with your use of this website. Nothing in these terms and conditions and in particular within the 'Exclusion of Liability' clauses shall attempt to exclude liability that is not permissible to exclude under applicable law, including without limitation, for death or personal injury, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
7. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
8. While we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials are appropriate or available for use either in the United Kingdom or in other jurisdictions. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
9. We accept no liability however caused (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect:
. economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, data, profits, contracts, use, opportunity, business or anticipated savings)
. loss of goodwill or reputation or
. loss or damage which was not reasonably foreseeable
suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection with your use of this website and/or these terms and conditions.
10. Access to and use of this website is at your own risk and we do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
11. To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and that we do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for (i) the privacy practices of such websites, (ii) the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources or (iii) the use that others make of these websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such advertising, content, products, goods or other materials or services available on such external websites or resources.
12. Your Information
1.1 We collect and process various categories of personal and financial information throughout your relationship with us, to allow us to provide our products and services and to run our business. This includes basic personal information such as your name and contact details, and information about your financial circumstances, your accounts and transactions. This section sets out how we may share your information with other NatWest companies and third parties.
1.2 For more information about how we use your personal information, the types of information we collect and process and the purposes for which we process personal information, please read our full privacy notice (our “Privacy Notice”).
1.3 We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time, by communicating such changes to you and/or publishing the updated Privacy Notice on our website www.lombard.co.uk/terms for Lombard North Central PLC enter LAFG6462-0318-P and for Lombard Technology Services Ltd enter LAFG6463-0318-P. We would encourage you to visit our website regularly to stay informed of the purposes for which we process your information and your rights to control how we process it.
1.4 In respect of any personal information relating to a third party that you provide to us, you must:
a) notify the third party that you are providing their personal information to us and obtain their permission;
b) provide the third party with a copy of our Privacy Notice and these Terms;
c) promptly notify the third party of any changes to our Privacy Notice that we notify you of; and
d) ensure that, to the best of your knowledge, the personal information is accurate and up to date, and promptly notify us if you become aware that it is incorrect.
1.5 Your information may be shared with and used by other NatWest companies. We will only share your information where it is necessary for us to carry out our lawful business activities, or where it is necessary to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us.
1.6 We will not share your information with anyone outside NatWest Group except:
a) where we have your permission;
b) where required for your product or service;
c) where we are required by law and to law enforcement agencies, judicial bodies, government entities, tax authorities or regulatory bodies around the world;
d) with other banks and third parties where required by law to help recover funds that have entered your account as a result of a misdirected payment by such a third party;
e) with third parties providing services to us, such as market analysis and benchmarking, correspondent banking, and agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf, such as the companies which print our account statements;
f) with other banks to help trace funds where you are a victim of suspected financial crime and you have agreed for us to do so, or where we suspect funds have entered your account as a result of a financial crime;
g) with debt collection agencies;
h) with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
i) with third party guarantors or other companies that provide you with benefits or services (such as insurance cover) associated with your product or service;
j) where required for a proposed sale, reorganisation, transfer, financial arrangement, asset disposal or other transaction relating to our business and/or assets held by our business;
k) in anonymised form as part of statistics or other aggregated data shared with third parties; or
l) where permitted by law, it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, and it is not inconsistent with the purposes listed above.
1.7 If you ask us to, we will share information with any third party that provides you with account information or payment services. If you ask a third party provider to provide you with account information or payment services, you’re allowing that third party to access information relating to your account. We’re not responsible for any such third party’s use of your account information, which will be governed by their agreement with you and any privacy statement they provide to you.
1.8 In the event that any additional authorised users are added to your account, we may share information about the use of the account by any authorised user with all other authorised users.
1.9 NatWest Group will not share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission.
1.10 We may transfer your information to organisations in other countries (including to other NatWest companies) on the basis that anyone to whom we pass it protects it in the same way we would and in accordance with applicable laws. We will only transfer your information if we are legally obligated to do so, or where the other country has laws that adequately protect your information, or where we have imposed contractual obligations on the recipients that require them to protect your information to the same standard as we are legally required to.”
13. All rights, save as expressly granted, are reserved. Reproduction in any form of any part of the contents of this website without our prior written consent is prohibited unless for personal use only.
14. This website contains numerous trademarks belonging to Lombard and other companies in NatWest Group. The unregistered trademarks include graphics, logos, words, phrases and icons contained on this web site. No rights are granted in respect of any of the above trademarks. If you are in doubt as to whether an item is a trade mark of Lombard, its subsidiaries or NatWest Group plc, please contact us for clarification at the registered office address below.
15. The contents of this website do not purport to provide any financial, investment or professional advice and nothing on the pages of this website shall be deemed to constitute the offer or provision of financial, investment or other professional advice in any way.
16. Lombard North Central PLC. Registered in England No.337004.
Registered Office: 250 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 4AA.
Lombard North Central Plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit activities.
17. References to Lombard Technology Services relate to Lombard Technology Services Limited. Registered in England No. 2039637
Registered Office: 250 Bishopsgate, London, EC2M 4AA
Changes to Website
18. The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification and Lombard shall not be obliged to remove any outdated information from the website or to expressly mark it as being outdated.
19. Calls may be recorded.
20. In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Lombard reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring includes (without limitation) checks for viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use of content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
21. In the event any provision of these terms and conditions of use and access of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes the closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
22. The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.